Sunday, July 6, 2008

the "ing" tag ...

Here is another long awaiting tag ... this one was by Solitaire... so here I am completing the impending and interestinging” tag ... :-p


Watching
: saw "Jaane Tu Yaa Jaane Naa" today … this one gets two thumbs up from me … a cool, juvenile, invigorating and vivacious movie … liked it very much … will go for it again next week :)

Listening: Nowadays my playlist comprises of Jaane tu yaa Jaane Naaa – AR Rahman rocks yet again; Boond – Jal's new album (not very new, latest would be the right word i think; nice songs); Dus Kahaniya (not many people know that this movie actually has 10 lounge tracks as well … and a few of them are simply awesome); Khuda Ke Liye; ... and actually many others like Kailash Kher, Fuzon, Atif, Rahat Ali Khan etc

Wearing: yea I have been having a quite wearing time lately :-p okay okay I know this one doesn’t mean that …. fine… at this moment I am wearing - shorts & a white t-shirt... and a big grin :-)

Missing: a few of my naalayak friends who are all having a merry time in US summers … the worst thing is that when I was in the US … I had been missing them then too since most of them were back in Mumbai that time …

Hoping: to catch up with a school friend next weekend for sure (unfortunately for some reasons or the other I have not been able to make it for abt last 6-7 weekends in a row now … and we will be catching up after years)

Craving: had been craving for a nice cuppa tea in the past 2 weeks … spent most of my time in office and was fed up with the vending machine and my office’s canteen tea …

Reading: hvnt been upto speed with reading (outside work of course) courtesy the ultra-busy days/nights that I have been having since the last few weeks. Consequently, I ended up reading a lot of back-dated news today … naah naah …. just in case you mistake me to be one of those smart geek who are up-to-date with all global, national, political news etc or the guy who is conversant with all the latest business and economic happenings (contrary to the general belief, I am one of those rare gujjus who suck at money matters … can someone give me no fuss tricks for saving and investments ??? :))…. by news I meant Sports news :-p got to know only today that Sania crashed out in the second round from Wimbledon :) …. Abt future reading … I am starting today (most probably) Chetan Bhagats "The 3 mistakes of my Life .." and am planning to get my hands on "Watch Out we are MBA …" (this one's written by a guy from my organization) and the only other thing that I have been reading recently are most of your blogs ... they have been refreshing me .. so thanks !!!:)

Finished Reading: As described in my post a few weeks back … finished reading "God's Debris" & "The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-time" … I recommend the first one to those who (literally) like to get their head spun inside their skulls … very heavy but though provoking… and the second one is good too ... best i have read till date in terms of being unusual …

Thinking: at this point I am thinking about an answer for the below question ... [I have begun to get a lot candid nowadays on my blog]

Loving: For lack of a better answer; I am loving my blog … I mean both my blogs Serenity and QQ :)

Hating: the time when I can’t be in Bombay for the weekend ... [due to some unavoidable reasons] … oh yea …to give you all the background… I work in Pune; so I travel (almost) every Fri night to Mumbai and Monday morning back to work ...

ciao friends ...

- hiren

27 comments:

Solitaire said...

Nice one!

Good to know you are not THAT kinda gujju. :)
Same pinch! Suck at money matters and if someone tries to teach me or talk to me about it, all that happens is a YAWN!

Jaane Tu Ya Jaane Na..I wanna see it soo soo badly! I wonder when and how. :(

Enjoy your weekend!

ceedy said...

Well done...

Saw jaaane tu...agree with you on that one...

you goto mumbai every weekend...thats neat..


gujju who suck at money matters..I can totally relate to it...I am practical but beyond that...nothing registers...I am an artist na....hahah tell you a funny incident...here

when i first came here...in the second week roomies sent me to grocery shop...main gaya...bada bill kar ke laya...got what WE wanted and bought a lot of stuff...w/o really checking the prices..

it worked in my favor...never did they send me to shop again...;) and till date two of my friends tell me - tu gujjuo ke naam pe kalank hai....kuch kam ka nahi....

Hiren said...

@Solitaire -> good to know that you too are one of those rare kinds :)

Figure out a way and go watch the movie as soon as possible ... i guarantee you that you will be refreshed.

Hiren said...

@ceedy -> my colleagues/friends in Pune just give me those "Never come back here" looks every friday evening :) ... lol @ that Gujju ke naam pe kalank ... I too have been at the receiving end of this dialogue a lot many times !!! :) seems that there are quite a few like us here ... already u, me and solitaire ... :)

KP said...

jesus!! whats wrong with my gujju people here!.....dont u guys ever think about what will happen in ur rainy days? how will u survive!...:). I dont mean that u become cheap and miser and save every penny! no thats wrong enjoi the life at the same time have savings is a must for rainy days...:). I would like to get my hand at "Watch Out we are MBA":)

Hiren said...

@kp -> bhai, I love rains (the literal ones):) ... u know wat?? the things you said - aise thoughts ekaad baar aa jaate hai mere dimaag mein and I sit down to reconcile my salary, taxes etc etc ... but in a few mins I get tired of it :) You wont believe it I even suck at Tax planning and investments ... [I am a merry tax payer:)] ... but then luckily I have a few friends (who are making the gujju clan proud) I can rely on for advice and blindly execute it :)

ceedy said...

@kp

ok KP bhai...if I need help I will contact you....

@hiren

"I am a merry tax payer"....same here!

ceedy said...

But I did learn one things tho...owning a property for a while does wonders....with taxes and appraisals...

KP - happy ;)

KP said...

hehehe...I agree we all are I am a merry tax payer:) The point is planning is must:). we wont be able to work all our life and we know how economy works! Its Sinusoidal curve...it has its ups and down...none of us would want to be caught on the other side of it!

I guess i have learned my lesson hard way at an early age(after moving to US)!! So the typical gujju mentality hasnt left me:).

PS No offese to anyone!

Solitaire said...

@ kp,


Rainy day? No problems! Credit cards are my umbrellas. Moreover I do have money savvy friends who will lend me their raincoat. If you came here at an early age, its all the more reason to forget about the typical gujju mentality!


@ ceedy,

If you learned all that, you are already on your way to becoming one of those kind.

KP said...

@soli....different way to look at it! I dont think, I would like to live my life from paycheck to paycheck! Friends are great help in rainy days..but even friends have their own life and own issues! As long as i am not handicap...I wouldnt like to borrow money from anyone! Small savings would go long way! Nothing wrong with that typical gujju mentality of savings:).

Hiren said...

@ceedy -> sahi chee bhai ... property and all ... I missed out on this one as well .. most of my friends did invest early on ... and by the time I realized [just recently that is :)] property rates are soaring high :)

Hiren said...

@solitaire -> friends raincoat ... best bet :) I agree ...

Hiren said...

@kp -> dude; there is nothing wrong with that mentality. In fact I consider myself a dumb as I dont have than inclination to plan the finances and all .. which I am sure will comeback to hit me someday ... you are doing the right thing yaar ...

ceedy said...

@solitaire, kp and hiren

First - I think Solitaire being a student - I agree with what she is saying - about credit cards and friends as back up....have been thru that when I needed money....

but once she starts earning - it will be different...there will be a point sol - when you will have paid all your loans, bought and have what you need and still have some money left over....

now thats where I agree with KP...being prudent as opposed to stingy....who wants to live paycheck to paycheck...I really want to retire by 40 ;)

What I think solitaire is referefing to as "typical gujju" is one for him/her everything revolves around money - any desicion....hope I am thinking correctly....

To solitaire - As far as me being one of those kinds...maybe/maybe not - certain desicions that I did take in the last two years "heart over matter ones"...were totally anti gujju - as put in real crappy words by someone - "are aa to totally financial harakiri kari te" - but ahh well....

and to hiren and solitaire - about real estate - that is my bread and butter and I deal with it on everyday basis....so do understand it and can deal with it safely....

Keshi said...

kem cho? :)

Keshi.

Hiren said...

@keshi -> Oh my my ... someone is taking efforts to speak in Gujarati ... :) I hope these efforts are for me and not any other Gujarati guy ;)

and my reply to ur q - "ekdum takatak choo :)"

lol

Keshi said...

lol I didnt u'stand ur reply :(

did it mean ur doing great?

Keshi.

Mez said...

Umm so thtz the latest at ur end. Quite a bit!JTJN was eye lickin good.

Scribblers Inc said...

pretty neat...the bombay poona highway is very killer I have heard??

Scribblers Inc.

Hiren said...

@keshi -> yep ... it did mean precisely that :) you didnt answer my question though :-p

Hiren said...

@Mez -> hmmm ... yea more or less have been caught up with work during last month or so ... JTJN was damn refreshing :) if u get time check my post prior to this one ... one of my most candid posts :)

Hiren said...

@Scribblers -> thnks for dropping by ... yea the express way can be killer at times but otherwise it is quivalent to FREEDOM ... [more so when you compare it with the crawls in Mumbai traffic :)]

Keshi said...

wuts the qn? :)

Keshi.

Pecos Blue said...

Nice to meet you. First time here but got to learn a lot. Great reads I agree..heavy.

Take care.

Hiren said...

@Pecos Blue -> am equally glad to know you ... welcome to my space !!!

Anonymous said...

Hi ,

I was reading ur blog posts and found some of them to be wow.. u write well.. Why don't you popularize it more.. ur posts on ur blog ‘Serenity ...’ and 'quotable quotes' took my particular attention as some of them are interesting topics of mine too;

BTW I help out some ex-IIMA guys who with another batch mate run www.rambhai.com where you can post links to your most loved blog-posts. Rambhai was the chaiwala at IIMA and it is a site where users can themselves share links to blog posts etc and other can find and vote on them. The best make it to the homepage!

This way you can reach out to rambhai readers some of whom could become your ardent fans.. who knows.. :)

Cheers,