Saturday, September 6, 2008

Three for thee ...

"What should we get as a present?"

"Yes, we need to figure that out ... and what are wearing for the celebration?"

"I think lets all decide on a color code ... how about black?"

"Naah ... I don’t have a good black dress ... can we go for red?"

"aaarrggghhh ... these girls ... now listen ... what do we gift him?"

"How about a big bouquet and a nice shirt??? I mean expensive one ... not real expensive but a bit ... you guys understand what I mean ... right??"

"That’s so common ... how about a nice, sexy watch?"

"I have an idea ... why not give him a sorry card?"

"Sorry Card ???"
"What ???"
"Are you nuts ????"

"Well, we all trouble him a lot ... don’t we? Yes or No ???"

"Ummm ... Yes .... "
"may be ... but not a lot .."
"Not me ... I never do that"
"Yes ... I think most of us do ..."

"So, why not take this as an opportunity to tell him we are sorry for all that trouble you have had to bear for us and because of us ... that will make him feel proud of us and we will also be benefited by seeking forgiveness for our misdoings till now ... wat say?"

"Yea ... sounds cool ... then we can start nagging him afresh from tomorrow ... wow, just like writing on clean slate... :)"

l
ols ...

"Cooooll ... and we will also give him an award.... because he is the best in the world ... we will thank him for caring about us so much.... I will get a nice award frame ..."

"Yep ... these two ideas sound perfect ... lets get these !!!"

Now, here is another proof that I am one favorite nephew of Uncle Murphy [nope I don’t have any NRI uncle ... this ones of the Murphy’s Law fame :)]  ... at times its months altogether and I cant think of anything more than zilch to write about [let alone write ... sometimes I cant even figure out any topic to rant about]... and today there were 3 topics in my mind tussling, scuffling & vying to get the much coveted print space on Serenity [well everyone loves their own child .. don't they ?? :-p] ... so in the end just came up with the above fictional [partly inspired from a real life incident] chat between a disobedient & nasty bunch of 10th graders ... deliberating on the eve of Sep 5 - Teacher’s Day ...

This conversation kind of encompasses the three thoughts I wanted to pen ... viz.

1> Michhami Dukkadam:
In Jainism, we have an annual custom, where in after the last day of our sacred religious week [known as Paryushan]; we seek forgiveness from everyone [deities and human beings alike] for any intentional/unintentional hurt inflicted by our actions/words.... & “Michhami Dukkadam” is the phrase that’s used to say sorry and seek forgiveness ... genuinely ...

So, friends, if I have ever hurt you inadvertently by my posts or comments ... I sincerely apologize for it ...  “Michhami Dukkadam” ....

2> Teachers Day:
Nowadays Sep 5 goes unnoticed in most of our lives ... now that we are all into corporate world and busy with zillion things ... But rewind back to our skool/college days and all of us would have been eagerly looking forward to this day – Teachers Day !!! going to school sans uniform [of course wearing new dashing clothes], wishing our teachers, giving them flowers/gifts ... celebrating in school/tuitions ... etc etc ...

So, let’s reminisce our academic life ... and wish our teachers a very happy Teachers Day ... and thank them ... as they surely have played a decisive role in shaping up our success of today....

3> Award:
Last but not the least ... my second blog QQ was bestowed by Brilliant Weblog award from Keshi ... It’s my first blogging award ... Yipeeeeeee !!!!! Keshi, thanks a ton mate... I am really obliged and will cherish this award eternally...

ciao friends ... take good care and have a fab weekend ...
~ hiren

P.S:
"Now that the gift is taken care of ... can we decide the color code ???"

"Red ... please .... "

"Red will be too loud ... blue ??"

"aaarrggghhh ... these girls .... ;)"

21 comments:

Neo said...

well i should be wishing you "Happy Teachers Day" cause you have taught me a lot for engg exams :P

anyway, Michhami Dukkadam

Neil D'Silva said...

Hey Hiren,

Now I know how I got that sorry card and best teacher award from you and the gang!!! Those were really lovely days and I am happy to see that you are still keeping me in your memories. I miss all of you - you have kept everyone anonymous, but let me give the names.

I am the one who got the sorry card and the Best Teacher award ;) - Neil Valentine D'Silva
And the coterie of mischief-mongers led by Hiren Metalia, of course, included -
Hemali Shah
Dipal Parmar
Meghna Mehta
Chetan Raval
Keyur Mehta
Vipul Mittal
Rakesh Shah
Ashish Shah
Sonal Bharmani
Archana Joshi
... there were some 25 of them! Each one a great person and a whole lot of fun. I am talking about my 10th grader batch of 1996, whom I taught when I was 21 years old myself!

Now that I have given up teaching, or at least am on a hiatus from the vocation, I miss my students all the more :)

Thanks Hiren for igniting some memories.

Neil Valentine D'Silva

Mez said...

I had an over-dose of colors in this post. Baap re..!!

Hiren said...

@Neo -> dude, that wasnt teaching ... it was group study ... :)

Michhami Dukkadam

Hiren said...

@Sir -> I sure was inspired from our Teacher's Day celebrations and those parties at your place while writing this post :) And you do know that those days are going to stay in our memories forever .... thanks sir !!

and yea i wasnt the leader ... okay ... okay .... at least not always ;)

Hiren said...

@Mez -> hmmm ... now that u said that ... i too get the feeling that the colors have got a bit overdone ... maybe its the white bkgnd thats not going well with these colors ... par abhi bahut bore ho raha hai to update the post ...

so happy colorful reading to all of yaa :)

Sameera Ansari said...

That's such a sweet thing to do,to ask forgiveness for any inadvertent mistake! :)

Teacher's Day has become just another day after studies are over.I forgot to wish my teachers yesterday,will surely do it today.

Happy weekend!

Keshi said...

Hey nice post Hiren :)

at first I was thinking ur post was abt Fathers' Day...cos it's Fathers' Day today here in Aus.

And r ya a Jain? wow!

u hv never hurt me Hiren. U hv always been a very polite and warm friend to me. Im being very honest here! U R FANTASTIC!

Im the one who should be asking that from some of u in blogville, cos I tell it like it is. U know nah how it is when I get pissed lol!


*HUGZ* Michhami Dukkadam! :)


I gotta drive my mum to the temple now...will be in later on. And yeyyyyyyyy to ur award, u deserve every bit of it and more!

hv a good one!

Keshi.

ceedy said...

michhami dukadam...

will be back to read it!!!

KP said...

you have not hurt me :).

Michhami Dukkadam.....

congrats Brilliant Weblog Award!!

Happy teachers day!

Serendipity… said...

Well woven... memories & apolgies (Michhami Dukkadam!)
U really come up with innovative ideas... Keep writing... :)

Hiren said...

@Sameera -> Yea some days loose their charm with time ... m glad that this reminded you of wishing your teachers.

Hiren said...

@Keshi -> Yep me a Jain ... and thanks for your kind words ... am not used to listening such good things about me ;)

You too havent hurt anyone ... so no need to say sorry ... if people get self hurt its not your fault ... :)

hope you said "Michhami Dukkadam" to GOD when you went to the temple :)

Thnks !!!

Hiren said...

@ceedy -> np ... tk ur own time bro ...

Hiren said...

@kp -> thnks KP ... :)

Hiren said...

@Manallii -> Thanks for the appreciative feedback ... :) and coming from a fantastic writer like you .. it makes my day:) btw you havent updated your blog lately ...

ceedy said...

Well it all gels well...very well written...

yup love my teachers...they are the ones to make us for sure...love to visit them whenever I come back home...

And I read Neils comment :) He is a good sport and great to invite him here - nice gesture...

btw another short story is up

Mysterious Mia said...

Michhami Dukkadam.....

Hiren said...

@ceedy -> Thanks man !!! Yep, i hv got a bit too busy this week ... so am not able to keep up with all blogs ... did read the story now :)

Hiren said...

@Mia -> Michhami Dukkadam ...

Keshi said...

aww..tnxx Hiren!

I didnt go to the temple..only dropped my mum and came back :) cos after that I had to go to the Hospital with my friend...

Keshi.