Saturday, April 5, 2008

Native Expedition - prelude

After about 28 hrs from now (Sunday early morning IST to be precise); I will be leaving on a family expedition to my native; hence will be AWOL from the bloggerville for a week or so :) I am sure you all will miss me, but then don’t miss me much :-p

I have been looking forward to this trip for long .... firstly, as I needed a long and good break damn badly …. & secondly, this vacation is gonna be nice (trips to native with family always are) …. & thirdly, it has been over a coupla years since my last visit (which btw was after about 8 years since the earlier one :))

Although, its gonna be a bit tough as my native is still a characteristic village where there's no cell network, no internet access, intermittent electricity supply, water problems etc and add to that the scorching heat at this time of the year in Gujarat. But then there are many other incentives that outweigh these trivial impediments .... viz.

- the never ending planning & packing at home for the excursion (this has been going on and on @ my abode… but I was spared as I got back home just today ..... although I was shocked too to see the amount of luggage we ought to be taking with us :-));

- the pit-stops and the usual travel perquisites along with family masti;

- the picturesque vistas en route and the scenic backdrop of a hill @ my village,

- the peaceful strolls along the bank of the stream flowing by (just 400-500 meters away) our home there

- the serenity of the sedate afternoons & the silent nights ....

- the cooing of the birds

- the appetite quenching trips to the farms and eating freshly plucked fruits (corn, cucumber, guava, melons etc etc)

- the feeling of purity, un-adulteration .. all around …

- the feeling of amity by meeting various distant relatives and family-known people &

- most importantly the assurance, the contentment & the mental tranquility that will beckon on visiting our deities and other temples (seeking blessings all the while :-))

You peeps take care … and have a wonderful week ahead ... and yea if any of you want anything from Gujarat do let me know ....

ciao,

cya soon!

- hiren

5 comments:

Vaishalee said...

Your native place seems to be one of the very few picturesque landscapes left in India. Wow, i surely envy u. But i guess u need this excursion more than anyone else :)

Btw, i've mailed u the list of things u have to get for me (who can resist cashing in on such an unusual wave of generosity u got) ;)

Neo said...

hey u did miss one more plus point
- searching for your to be bride :))))))


happy journey dude

Mez said...

Sounds like ultra-fun.have a nice calm break!

KP said...

enjoi the break and have fun!

Keshi said...

oh ok...hv fun :)

Keshi.