Friday, May 16, 2008

Expectations from my wife ...

The latest innovative idea by Solitaire about coming up with a matrimonial ad for self prompted me to post this amazing forward that I had received sometime back.

Disclaimer: These are not my views ... (although I am not saying that i dont agree to them :p) ...

Now that I have seen almost 26 years of my life and most of it without anyone who I could in the true sense call as a friend ... I have been thinking now for a while as to how my spouse oughta be ... [i wud differ here ... by GODs grace i have got a few friends in true sense]

I am not looking for only a beautiful, slim and an intelligent girl....They are all clichés. [cliches are good to have too ... actually :)] The ones that matter are: -

--> The first prerequisite I expect of my wife --- No it isn't the ability to understand me, that's the second ---- the first one's a sense of humour for me and all my nonsense. [not sure abt the dude who wrote this but in my case this ones gonna be the toughest ask for her :)]

--> She must sleep in my lap and allow me into hers. She must run her hand into my hair and fight me with pillows as often as she can. [Pillow fights ... this one will be kinda first for me ... have been involved only in fists fights till now :)]

--> She must allow me to disturb her, Which I will, --- no matter how busy and serious she is and I am --- , while she goes about our household chores. [You can bet your fortune on this one ... she is gonna be ultra-irritated by me]

--> She must sit with me shoulder in shoulder when we watch the late night movie together and must oblige to have a midnight walk anytime in the night. [Midnight walk ... thoda problem hai ... no good place for a midnight walk arnd :( ]

-->
When the curry isn't nice and I stare into her eyes, she must straight away go and make an omlette for me. [uh huh .. m a pure veggie ... so daal-bhaath or khichdi or sandwich too would be just fine :) .... on after thoughts .... I hope that she knows how to prepare curry in the first place]

--> When she is downright tired she must flirt with me to win a cup of tea or a glass of cold water. She must be ready to blow a kiss any time any day and any place. [It would surely take a lot of flirting for this :) and blowing kisses ... ahem ahem]

--> She should call me nicknames and how innovative she coins out new ones the better and must be prepared to confront some deadly ones in return. [Nick names .... yea why not ???]

--> She got every right to beat me up when I annoy her while she watches those dready serials. [Dready seials ... this ones the toughest ask for me to bear :)]

--> She can also extract what she wants of me on women's day. [Why only Women's day?? She can do it everyday :)]

--> And I am also ready to share her pre-marital crushes and secrets. [You know I would surely like to know about those lucky guys who didnt have to suffer for their lifetime like me :)]

--> On those rare occasions when we might fight and then go on a mourning spree, it can continue for the night. The next morning must again be normal. [Hmmmmm .... why wait till morning ???]

--> I aint promising her a paradise but yes she will always get more of my love than our children. [Dude ... paradise, more love than children ??? ... not sure i i get this sentiment of yours ??? doesn't make any sense to me ...]

--> And finally, she must have a higher life expectancy than me. I may not be able to live without her ... [hai naa ekdum filmy ??? But i guess yea i would like this tooo ... :)]

--> And the biggest expectation that this dude missed out ... she has to agree to live with my other loves ... cricket the most important of them :)

So people now that you know my expectations ... references are most welcome !!!!

Take care peepz !!!

cheerio,
Hiren

15 comments:

Keshi said...

LOL Hiren funny how Sol got us all to pour our hearts out ha. She's the best shrink I tell ya!

I love how u wrote this. No materialistic requirements..says alot abt ya. But I stuck to Sol's AD structure. U swayed from it but its a good one..I really like how u did it.


**I am not looking for only a beautiful, slim and an intelligent girl

r ya serious!!! :)


In that case I hv to change my ad to:

Looking for a tall, dark, handsome SUPERMAN. ?



Most of ur ad was like a Hindi movie...u watch alot of em ha? LOL!



**And finally, she must have a higher life expectancy than me. I may not be able to live without her

that is such a SRK line omg ROFL!


Loved every line Hiren...u r so honest and ofcourse very loveable :):)

*HUGZ*


Keshi.

Keshi said...

And here's wishing ya ALL THE BEST to find ur life-partner and very soon too! :)

Keshi.

Hiren said...

@Keshi -> just to be humble in addition to honest and loveable :) this is not my idea of putting the expectations ... it was a forwarded email that I rcvd some time back :) and that also means that that SRK line is not mine :)

and thnx for the kind words ... :)

Hiren said...

@Keshi -> thanks a ton for this wish ... I surely do need it .... you get a treat fro mme when this wish comes true ...

Neo said...

reading the title, i got excited.
thought that this is ur own ad...but....

anyway..good stuff :)

KP said...

lol...that was funny...:).

so when r u putting ur ad?
i hope to get an invite for ur wedding!

Jaysuriya is on roll...115* and 57*
well it looks like...its time mumbai indians has come to party...:).

Hiren said...

@Viral -> Nahi dost ... abhi tak koi aisi ladki nahin mili jiske kismat mein mujh jaisa naalayak likhaa ho ;)

Hiren said...

@KP -> Bro, I have just returned back from Wankhede stadium ... Sanath and Shaun Pollock rocked yaar ... had an awesome time at the stadium ... my team is coming ahead from the back :)

Anonymous said...

blogging me na reh jaay.. world is moving fast so act on it... Aisa na ho ki fir match hi dekhni pade life me... just kidding for most part but you need to get more pro-active now.. waise i liked the editing that you put in the whole thing..

Keshi said...

k so will u invite me for ur shaadi? :) I love Indian wedding food.

Keshi.

Serendipity… said...

Neat job! U cd actly use this in ur matrimonial ad! :)
All the best! Hope koi jaldi mile tumhe!

Solitaire said...

Oh this ad will surely do!! Its pretty long and I hope that the girls actually read the entire thing.

Your ad is pretty funny!! You want someone to sleep in your lap and run her hand through your hair while she watches saans bahu serials on one TV and you cricket on the other.

*groan*

Hiren said...

@Manthan -> hmmm ... i know what you mean dude ... thanks yaar !!!


@Keshi -> whenever you want to have indian wedding food let me know ... I will get married for yaaa ... you know ?? i m of that "anything for friends" sorts :)

Hiren said...

@Manallii -> Thanks a ton yaar !!


@Solitaire -> hmmmm ... i didnt imagine it to be this way .... but now when i visualize what you wrote .... lap and cricket bit is alright ... but the saas bahu serials ..... naaahhhhh ....

Keshi said...

haha u cheeky Indian boii!

Keshi.