Friday, May 30, 2008

!**#$

This is one time of the year, when I feel very irritated with myself and helpless too ... the prime reason being that I have to resort to using the crappy means that I condemned so much a few years back.

I am talking about the managerial crap that I hated to receive from my managers .... But today how much ever I try to be objective, fair, transparent, and reasonable; there is no escape .... I do find myself resorting to some of that very crap while speaking to my subordinates ....

I have tried to reason this; haven’t got a very convincing explanation .... but I have at least understood that at times there is no way other than to beat around the bush .... am not trying to justify this but it’s a fact ... there are always a few situations when I have unwillingly had to just give fundas and no specific answers to the direct questions of my subordinates (sometimes I myself dont know the answers ... and sometimes its just not advisable or practical to share the answers wtih them ...)

Having said this I am not at all advocating for the managers who are walking stores of fundas :)

Anyways, during the last couple of days, I have received quite a few pearls of pathetic, creative and intellectual sms’s ... read those & njoi the same .. :)

My message to the world – "If you like me, raise your hand ... if not then raise your standards ..." ;) [full on attitude ... man .. awesome :-)]

Read on the fuel tank of a truck – "kam pi rani, bada mehenga hai yeh Iraq ka paani ..." [now who says truck wallahs are not intellectual and creative ???? In the light of the recent hullabaloo about the exorbitant hike in fuel prices .... it cant get more creative than this]

Aap aap ho toh kya aap ho, Hum hum hai toh kya hum hai
woh golgappa kya tasty hoga; jismein paani kum hai
isse bakwass sms bhejo; agar aap mein dum hai :)

[Can anyone of you beat this in the degree of its quotient content of pathetic ness???]

Lesson to learn from Vodafone: "job rotation"' the dog earlier with network has been now transferred to the customer care department :) [do we have a case-study here that can be used in the IIM curriculum??]

cheerio,
hiren

20 comments:

ceedy said...

hahah

thanks for sharing man...it was a cool laugh...

had got this one from a friend in india a while back...
(dont remmeber exact but goes somewhat like this)

"dont worry if you are the worst of the lot - you can still be useful - people can use you as a bad example"

and it was 2/2 I guess i have a gift :P....

ceedy said...

am going to blogroll you...hope its fine :)

Anonymous said...

Seems like the appraisal period is up.. the frustration is quite natural for you as well as your directs...The only way to get over it is go to the bar and have a drink.. This for you might mean going and catching up on a cricket game :).....

Hiren said...

@ceedy -> bro, i was convinced abt the gift thing from that one itself ... good that now there is self realization as well ... hope you don't forget our deal though :)

and yea it wud be my pleasure to get blogrolled on your page .... might get me some good readers and friends :) thanks for the same !!! :)

Hiren said...

@manthan -> haan yaar you got that right ... although the frustation is not because of my mgrs ... and yea cricket gives more kick anytime dude :)

Keshi said...

LOL!

**My message to the world – "If you like me, raise your hand ... if not then raise your standards ..." ;)

I really LOVE that one! Gonna use it alot from now on. :)


Keshi.

Anonymous said...

Have crush on any blogger in bloggerville ? You feel the oomph up in your heart when you read him or her ? Do you make a point to visit his or her blog many times a day and read it being silent but are laidback to pass your message to your crush? Have a dedication or confession to make ? Please visit my blog (http://ashusdiary.blogspot.com/2008_05_25_archive.html#5685060046796232372) to enable me play a cupid for you, if you feel so. Come be a part of the fun and excitement. Let your dil dance happy happy and show off your creative tashan at my Ultra Milds space…Participate in the poll and put your suggestions. I would come up with the dedication post and roll out the methodology to confess your crush soon…..
Light up your blog and your weekend…..
Cheers,
Ashu

Hiren said...

@keshi -> I did know that you would love this one .... :)

Anonymous said...

People, the crush dedications and confessions post is out. Please drop in with your crushes and dedications along with drinks and music….Let the show begin and let it rock…Be a part of this fun show at blogerville……Right here at http://ashusdiary.blogspot.com/2008_06_01_archive.html#2630395225285580220 at Ultra Milds….
Show up your creative side….Rock on!!!

Keshi said...

** I did know that you would love this one

lol how?

Keshi.

KP said...

hehehe....thats was good one!!

this is good one
"If you like me, raise your hand ... if not then raise your standards ..."

and no i cant beat that sms...probably the biggest PJ of them all...:)

And royals won the game!!
it was good final....even I didnt watch it...i heard it was good game!!

hopefully nxt yr mumbai indians can win the game!!

Hiren said...

@keshi -> hv been e-knowing you for quite some time now .... to figure that out :)


@kp -> yea it was a nice game .... i was happy that RR won that close match ....

Keshi said...

awww...

Keshi.

KP said...

time for new post...

Serendipity… said...

Nice one!
Humor surely is ur forte! U manage to find it in almost every situation! Keep writing!
Liked "If you like me, raise your hand... if not then raise your standards!" Yet another cool attitude wala quote from ur khazana!!!

ceedy said...

Me tagged you!

Hiren said...

@kp -> have been very busy lately ... work, friends, outings, trekkings, cricket etc etc ... not able to get any breather to come up with something ... hopefully this will end soon :)

@manalli -> taarif ke liye shukriyaaa :)

@ceedy -> bro, thats a nice tag ... will try and execute it soon ...

Jaggu said...

Hi, came through ceedy's blog. Nice one man. Cool and funny messages.:)

Hiren said...

@jaggu -> Thanks man !!!

Obheek said...

Lol @ the messages! Seems like u r a member of a prolific SMS fwding racket!
On the managerial aspect..the first thing one ought to do is bring in diplomacy. U may internally think of people as 'sub-ordinates' but u ought to refer to em as 'colleagues' ;)
Doglabaazi seekhna padega tereko metallica :)